Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Two Cents: The Twilight Haze

The review for The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner went up yesterday and guess what...it made me want to re-read Twilight.

This is due to the effects of "The Twilight Haze".

The Twilight Haze is the state in which logical people fall into when they read the Twilight Saga. We know it's not plausible, we know it's not possible and we know it's downright stupid at times, but that doesn't stop us from being sucked in whilst reading Twilight.

When away from Twilight and its haze, I can fully see how stupid Bella is and how controlling Edward is, but watching the movie, reading the books or spin-offs I fall back into that trance that blocks all logical thought and get caught up in the story once again.

In a way, although it's really bad writing...it's also brilliant. How can something so bad be so good?

It's like Maccas really, you know you're killing yourself with every bite of burger, but you really don't care at the time. There is no special taste or nutritional benefit from eating Maccas and it is inevitable that you will feel regret and possibly nausea after eating it...but when you are eating, nothing else in the world matters.

Same goes for Twilight. It is a reused story line with a crazy stalkerish spin put on it, there is no nutrition because it melts your brains and leads you to believe that controlling boyfriends are ok. There is no English value because of the writing style and the obvious absence of a Thesaurus at the time of writing, but you just can't help it.

I know that after I read it I will be wondering why...but for now...there might be an upcoming plunge back into Forks, Washington.


1 comment:

BC said...

LOL that is SOO true! I am completely on the same page.

I'm a new follower. Come check out my blog: http://afairysplayground.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails