Monday, August 16, 2010

A Look at My BookShelf

Okie dokie, so I reorganised my bookshelf a little the other day and I thought I'd show you how it's going. My how it's changed from Dec 09.

With my new obsession with buying books...well, you'll see...


This is the shelf as a whole. I only have one bookshelf so I kind of have to make space for everything.


This is my all my "real life" stuff, accounting books dictionaries, tax stuff. Circled in red is the only book in the world that I deem fit to burn...the Australian Tax Handbook 2010. I hate that thing so much that it really doesn't deserve to be on my beautiful shelf, I think I will burn it someday.



This is my favourite shelf. Every book I love has it's place here as well as some others that are just there to add colour. But it is definitely my favourite shelf. Robin Hobb, Jeaniene Frost, Richelle Mead, Jennifer Echols and The Sookie Stackhouse mysteries can all be found here.

Now we see the disorder...the two front stacks are TBRs, behind there are Twilight books, Lemony Snicket and Harry Potter and um..I'm not too sure what else...haven't looked behind there in a while...


More TBR and random books I'm not really sure what to do with...I kind of liked them...but if I really needed the space...well they aren't on the safest shelf in the world...You can also see my Horrible Histories. I love the Horrible Histories magazines...they are definitely safe, I spent ages collecting them all and organising them.

More TBR (on the floor) behind there is a pile of books I am going to get rid of when I get the chance. My scrapbook is also there and some horoscopy stuff (I'm into that kind of thing).

So that's my shelf. I love it and my mum cringes when she sees it but it's mine and it will continue to be loaded up until it can be loaded no more. I have another cupboard I am going to convert into a bookshelf if I ever run out of space, but I don't need to worry about that yet, I can triple stack those shelves if I really want to.

You may have noticed that I have quite a few TBR piles in there, so out of curiosity I lined them up on my desk just to see what it looked like.

Those are in piles of 10...there are five piles...52 books total...remember when I used to have a TBR drawer? Ya...that's no longer a TBR Drawer...it's become the review draw now because it just wouldn't fit any more books in there...

It took me ages to stack these books so that they didn't fall down...
Yep, 5 feet high, impressive really. I'm proud that it actually stayed standing by itself. It was wobbling all over the place for a while...you know...my little brother is 5ft...


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Its nice that your books can still fit on your shelf. I've got books in my wardrobe and those packed away in boxes hidden away in hard to reach corners. :-)

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

This is exactly how my bookcase looked prior to buying another one. I had books everywhere and all my shelves were starting to buckle in the middle. With another bookcase and some more shelving space, I'm able to fit it all without resorting to the floor.

PS: You should definitely move 13 to Life to the top of your TBR pile. It's a fast read and so good!

Anonymous said...

I love it, you have so much stuff! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails