Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Two Cents: Escaping into this World


The world of blogging. My escape, my security blanket, my anchor.

It's funny, thinking of a world that physically doesn't exist, people I have never met in "the real world" and yet here we all are, friends of a sort. A support system to each other.

I think that is what keeps bringing me back. The support for the books I read from people who also read them. Here I am not afraid to scream the I read books by Lora Leigh, books about vampires, werewolves and witches. Here I am not afraid to admit that I my hands are literally itching to buy books because I haven't done so for so long.

The Blogasphere is a place in a way that I can call home. And I love that, it is why I am here.

When I am at work, I don't like telling people what I read because they look at me funny. It's not like I'm telling them all of my weird kinky bedroom stuff, just that I like to read about vampires, werewolves and the occasional illness or struggle.

And I get looked at funny. In my real world, people read newspapers or tabloids or nothing at all. Everyone is too busy or not interested in reading at all, and I literally have no one to talk to when it comes to reading books.

The people at the bookshop don't even talk to you! They barely even want to be there themselves, you can tell most of them don't read and are thinking about going up to watch a movie after work or straight out with their friends.

But here I am considered normal (I hope) by the people that also share my passion, and for that I thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails