Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Monthly Wrap-Up: July 2010

July: freedom, Sims 3, lack of reading, sickness, happiness, stress, relief. July was an odd month. It went far too quickly. I had something in my hands to read every day...and yet look at the abysmal effort on my part. Four book. Four. I pride myself on reading a book a day and in 31 days...I read four.

I am contemplating a read-a-thon, I am not currently working (yeay!) and am currently sick, which means confinement and lack of requirement to do anything. Although the drugs do make me a little drowsy...I can still deal. So in the next couple of days we may be seeing a 48 hour read-a-thon.

My Favourite book for the month would have to be: White Cat by Holly Black


In July I read 4 books.

  • Stray - Rachel Vincent 
  • Blood Song - Cat Adams
  • White Cat - Holly Black
  • Forbidden - Tabitha Suzuma

I reviewed 6 books.


I am setting myself a personal goal in August, READ MORE. For some reason my ablity to fly through books is failing, probably with the reintroduction of computer games into my life once again.

My TBR Pile at the start of the month was 1,013 At the end of the month it is 1,037 - might have to do another cull soon.


5 comments:

Nomes said...

i keep hoping my library will get white cat in b/c it just sounds awesome and its holly black. i'm also interested in forbidden...

Darlyn said...

Forbidden and White cat are very interesting.hope you will have great reading this month ;p

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked White Cat. I actually won an ARC of it but I've got to start reading it!

Lola said...

What Cat is an excellent book to be chosen as your favorite read! :D

I definitely need to read more in August as well! Good luck! :)

Alessandra said...

1,000+ on TBR pile?! That's totally crazy :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails