Monday, July 11, 2011

My Two Cents: Do you ever forget that you like a book?

Picture this:

You are part way through a book, you put it down for a couple of days because you're busy, bored, its the weekend, whatever...

And two days later you are reluctant to pick up the book again. You're thinking to yourself "why am I bothering? I kind of want to read something else..." or "it's too this or that, badly written, poorly executed...not funny"

I had all of these thoughts about my current read the other night when I picked it up do my teaser tuesday post. I literally thought "it's not as funny as what people make out" and "she's trying a bit too hard to be funny, where is she even going with this, it doesn't have a point"

I picked it up at lunch today and read a hundred pages just like that...I am thinking to myself now "where did I come up with that? This is so funny!"

But the stupid part about the whole thing was, everytime I have picked this book up, I have always enjoyed it, so where did I get this complete misconception that it was bad? How did I forget that I liked it?

It is very odd for me. Often I give a book too much leniency and continue to think "it's going to be better this time" but never have I forgotten that I liked a book...

This is weird!

Has this ever happened to you? Have you ever formed an opinion about a book or anything for that matter that was so totally off that it made you reluctant to go back? Even after it being fantastic?

I don't know where it came from...I honestly don't know how I convinced myself that I wasn't enjoying it...maybe I'm in shock after having read so many great books last month that it would be too good to be true if I got another one...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails