Thursday, July 29, 2010

Book Review: Twilight: The Graphic Novel - Volume 1 by Stephanie Meyer; Illustrated by Young Kim

Review: Twilight: The Graphic Novel – Volume 1
Series: Twilight Graphic Novel – Volume 1
Author: Stephanie Meyer, Illustrated by Young Kim
No of Pages: 224
Release Date: 16 March 2010

I’ve never given much thought to how I would die – though I’d had reason to in the last few months...
Surely it was a good way to die...in the place of someone else, someone I love.

When Isabella Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerizing voice, and supernatural gifts, Edward is both irresistible and impenetrable. Up until now, he has managed to keep his true identity hidden, but Bella is determined to uncover his dark secret...

My Thoughts:

Ah, the world of Twilight, now in pictures. I will make no secret of the fact that I too am affected by the Twilight Haze and going back into that world once again is just as enchanting in pictures as it was in words.
Yes, the vampires are all wrong, yes Bella is annoyingly boring and Edward is a controlling, stalking weirdo but you just can’t help yourself.

I read this every morning before work for a week until I was done, and I will admit that I was slightly late a few mornings.

Now, Twilight is my first ever graphic novel so I don’t know if this is standard, but if I hadn’t read the book, I wouldn’t have had a clue about what was going on. Even having read it, I was still confused at times.

You really can’t get the same detail through pictures as you can words. So for those thinking of reading it, definitely read Twilight (I can’t believe I just said that) before you read this.



1 comment:

Marg said...

I guess this is one of the things about making a graphic novel of a book that so many people love rather than a new story - you can tell what might be missing. I thought this was a pretty good representation in the end.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails