Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Reading or Writing?



This post is inspired by Eleni at La Femme Reader's weekly question. This week the question is: Which do you prefer, reading or writing?

Now, this answer is actually pretty hard for me, because I am a writer...but I am also extremely lazy. If someone has already done it for me, well then...why not take advantage of that instead of creating my own story. Yet the stories in my head, on my paper, end the way I want. The girl gets the cute funny guy instead of the dark brooding hot guy.

Or instead of sparkling glitter pixies I can create really horrific, evil, bloodsucking, mind invading smoke elves (or something like that).

Point is, am I happy for someone else to tell the story? Or will my inner control freak constantly deign to have the perfect ending that only I can create exactly how I want it.

So my laziness says: Reading
And my control freak says: Writing

I am going to go with writing.



5 comments:

Monster of Books said...

Reading is easier because even if you love to write it really hard to make yourself sit down and just write. Though when you get started writing you forget everything else and love it.
So I can't answer this one , because I love both and reading inspires writing and vice versa.

Irena @ This Miss Loves to Read said...

That's cool, writing! Passionate readers often write themselves, I do too. But I understand, reading is easier, I'm lazy too. However, for me, it's both, I'd say.

Dazzling Mage said...

Haha, I totally understand the laziness of writing. I think the two sort of go together. I love writing, but the only way I feel I'll learn is to study other writing styles- hence the reading. Also, sometimes after reading really awesome books, or any book that I've liked, I'm inspired to write.

So.. I'd go with both, because I can't really do without them.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, honestly that's a really hard question. I love to write, but lately I haven't been doing anything. But without reading, I have no idea where I would be ! So I would have to choose both :D

~Alison

Alyssa Kirk said...

I agree that reading is easier but, hands down, I love writing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails