Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My Two Cents: Why I Love Blogging



I am very bandwagonny when it comes to blogging, so I'm going to participate in this Thanksgiving blog doody that seems to be going around.

I love blogging first and foremost because it combines my two favourite pastimes: reading and writing.
I love blogging because it validates my book addiction.
I love blogging because it gives me something to do when I'm bored at work.

There are my three selfish reasons for blogging. Now here are the rest.



The Community
I love the community that comes with book blogging, the companionship that comes from reading. I love how I have exchanged emails, comments, debates, well-wishes and condolences all to people who I might never ever meet in "real" life, but who I consider friends.

I love the fact that I am not looked down upon here, no matter how much I read, rant and rave about books, blogging and reviewing there will always be someone that says: I agree with you. Because we are a diverse community.

I also love the fact that we (most) are able to take a nasty comment every once in a while without it turning into a massive fight, I also love the fact that we (most) can understand that people have a difference of opinion and can have mature debates about the topic at hand.

And most of all, I love all of the new books that blogging has introduced me to.



2 comments:

Alessandra said...

Me too! I love finding out about interesting books through other people's blogs, and I love discussing books with people from all over the world.

Unknown said...

Great Post!

I agree with all you said and I love blogging for those reasons as well...

and also because it gives a escape valve when I just need to let it out and its an amazing feeling to be able to share your passion with a community that actually understands you =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails