Friday, January 28, 2011

Question of the Week: When do you like a book?

Monday's Question of the Day is hosted by Eleni at La Femme Readers

Question: At what point do you decide if you like a book or not? If it's not your cup of tea, do you stop reading or fight through it until the end?

Answer: I know this sounds like a cop out but it really depends on the book. If it's epic - say a four to five star book - I should be able to tell within the first chapter. But most books I can tell within the first one hundred pages.

There are a couple of rare occurences in which I will hate a book for about half of it and then suddenly love it. I know that has happened once...but I can't remember what with...same goes for the other way around.

Most books I will will fight it out until the end. There have only been a couple that I have given up on when they took more than a month to read.

3 comments:

BLHmistress said...

I try and hang on for at least 3 chapters if possible sometimes I go further if I see potiental and sometimes fewer if just doesn't grab me or the characters drag.

Steph said...

I agree.. It all depends on the book but I really try to fight till the end. There is just something wrong to me about not giving a book a chance. Quiting in the middle feels like unfinished business to me!

Rebecca said...

I can usually tell if i like a book by reading the back cover. sometimes I will read a random page and judge from there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails